Educational and Curricular Philosophy
At King, we believe that our students bring a unique blend of interests and talents to the educational experience. The Faculty designs a variety of programs that inspire individuality through the process of intellectual, physical, creative, emotional, and social inquiry and expression.
The King curriculum is comprised of opportunities that promote the development of intellectual ability; communication and problem solving skills; an awareness of the complexities of our ever-changing world; and an appreciation of and responsibility for others.
Implementation of our Mission and Philosophy
To achieve the ideals of our Mission and realize the aspirations of our Philosophy, the King community:
- Commits itself to educational excellence in a student-centered environment that encourages the development of the uniqueness of each student
- Fosters a progressive educational community rooted in the virtues of respect, civility, and compassion
- Offers a wide range of academic, artistic, athletic, service, and cultural opportunities appropriate to the needs of individual students
- Cultivates a Faculty committed to ongoing professional growth and renewal
- Implements a variety of teaching methodologies and provides meaningful and challenging assessments to help students create meaning and derive understanding
- Welcomes and values a wide range of perspectives engendered by the diversity of our community – both local and global
- Engages parents and collaborates with them as partners in their child’s academic and personal maturation